Re: 100% Linux - Is it possible?

On 25-Feb-2005/21:07 -0500, Jim Cornette <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I do think the filename extension should be what the file format
>actually is. But to each their own style. Probably sending the document
>as html would be acceptable practice for a future employer to screen.

The issue is sending a resume to an HR weenie who may not even be able to
spell HTML. They use Word and they expect a Word doc. Giving them
something unexpected is counter-productive (**you** are the one who needs a
job).

So I gave them something that walks like a DOC and quacks like a DOC, so
as far as they're concerned, it's a DOC.

Philosophical debates about filenames is all fine, well, and good, but in
this case, the object was to solve a problem. The then-current version of
SO/OOo had some font issues that I did not want to risk biting me, so I
used good old reliable HTML. I do not advocate this as **the** solution
to sending DOC in all cases. I just pointed out what I'd done when I
needed a working solution.

Tony
--
Anthony E. Greene <mailto:Anthony%20E.%20Greene%20%3Ctony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx%3E>