Re: winetools2.1.1 can't locate xdialog 2.1.2-1

Duncan,
My prior comments are all based on an experience yesterday that closely resembled yours. I had used winetools-2.1.0 to setup wine and was having difficulty getting anything to run. Windows install programs appeared to run just fine but then wine could not find them so I decided to wipe out everything I had installed up to that point and start over. A Winetools-2.1.1 rpm had become available in the interim so I used it instead of 2.1.0. with the result that "wt" could not be found.

Looking in /usr/local/winetools and /usr/local/bin, I found files that were not present after installation of 2.1.0. For one thing, /usr/local/winetools contains a tarball. For another, /usr/local/bin contains a file "wt2" instead of the "wt" found after installation of winetools-2.1.0.