Re: System freeze ?

Ted wrote:

I now think it must be the vid card as I have had the system running seti in a terminal since the last mail...I find if I change apps too quickly or call an app whilst another is installing the box freezes
or as I mentioned before delete mail in Thunderbird too quuickly it freezes..Wonder if you can try this and see if you get the same result...I sent myself 20 mails then deleted them quickly and it froze,
deleting them slowly the system kept going...

At the moment I do not have Thunderbird installed. But, I started cdplayer, then quickly launched oo.org writer, Konqueror, and K3b followed by quickly deleting more than 20 mozilla mail messages in succession. System is still running fine.

Keep in mind, though, that my system freezes with have occurred when it was pretty much idling and very little to nothing going on with the keyboard or mouse.