Re: Install completed but boot failure

Roger Lin wrote:
Please let me know if there is any workaround or I should try a
different Linux. I downloaded the Fedora core 3 DVD iso file, burned
to DVD, it checked out fine, install on a AMC Sempron 2400+ with ECS
KT600-A MB, WD 80 GB IDE drive. The installation completed
successfully, then click the restart button, it try to boot for
several minutes then failed with the following message:

BOOT FAILURE, ENTER SYSTEM DISK PRESS ENTER.

I have tried twice, 1st manually partitioned the drive on the brand
new hard drive. The second time, I deleted all the partition and used
auto partition option. Both time failed with the same error.

I installed Windows XP on a seperate drive, all went fine. Running as
smooth as it can be.

Any ideas? Was the problem related to the processor or the hard
drive? It's a plain new WD IDE drive with 8 mb cache, can't believe
that can be a problem...

I would like to try Fedora Core 2, see if that can install on the
same box, but can't find the link to download it. Is it still
available?

What did you answer to the Grub install question?

Regards,
Ed.