Fedora 3 and ICH5-R

I've got an Intel D865PERLK motherboard with the ICH5-R chipset.  I want to
install Fedora 3 on a RAID 1 mirror using the ICH5-R raid.  The problem is,
when I boot to the installation screen, Fedora only detects the hard drives
separately, even though I already created a RAID 1 mirror in the BIOS.  I
know the ICH5-R and similar chipsets use software RAID, but I figure since
the chipset itself is supported there should also be some way to use it with
RAID...I could be wrong.  Any advice on this?

Thanks,
Matt