Re: Squirrelmail / Apache / 403 Forbidden problem

> hey,
>
> you need to define some entries in
> httpd.conf(/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf ) for squirrel mail tow ork for
> network.
>
> Alias /webmail/ "/usr/share/squirrelmail/"
>
> <Directory "/usr/share/squirrelmail">
>    Options Indexes MultiViews
>    AllowOverride None
>    Order allow,deny
>    Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> then restart your apache server(service httpd restart) and then
>
> http://serverIpaddress/webmail
>
> It will work
>
> Regards
>
> Ankush

Ankush - thanks!

Nearly... but...
When I restart httpd I get the message "Starting httpd: [date:time]
[warn] The alias directive in /etc/httpd/httpd.conf at line [the line
I added from above] will probably never match because it overlaps an
earlier Alias"

There must have been an alias to the squirrelmail directory as
"/webmail/" earlier but darned if I can find it, any ideas?

Now I get a listing of the /squirrelmail/ directory on a remote
machine rather than the execution of index.php, although any other
directory will actually execute php properly, especially the local
machine, so I added:
  "DirectoryIndex index.php"
to make it work.

Now I just need to sort out the warning,

Thanks,
bob