Re: New Browsers for Old

On Thursday 24 February 2005 18:12, Jonathan Allen wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a client site which is running FC2.  They need to use a
> web-based database system maintained by a third-party, whose pages
> contain lots of complicated Java script and stuff that the default
> browser setup in FC2 can't handle.  Firefox in FC3 does handle it.
> But, if possible, we don't want to have to upgrade all the machines
> to FC3.
>
> Can I get a version of Firefox that will run in FC2 and simply
> install it there ?  If so, any clues ...
>
> Jonathan

Really - what question! Have you been to the firefox site and tried to
install it? It's kinda simple - you don't need to ask this list.

or
$ yum install firefox
works too i think

I'm not meaning to be rude but I'm getting a bit annoyed that so many
people ask questions when they don't seem to have done any research
themselves. I find that insulting that people think the rest of us on
the list have nothing better to do than tell people how to search using
google. I've only been on the list for a month or two - but I always do
extensive research before I bother the list - am I one of the few who
do this?

Duncan
--
Linux user #372812: more stable and cheaper than windows
GnuPG Public Key ID: 0x2BB9667C21A8C63A: protecting your security