Re: cbrPager on FC3 (solved)

John Wendel wrote:
Kristian André Gallis wrote:

Hello!

I have downloaded cbrPager (a viewer for cbr image archives), but I am unable to install it.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/cbrpager/
http://www.jcoppens.com/soft/cbrpager/index.en.php

I download the file, run gunzip and tar -xvf. OK. Then I am supposed to run .configure, but it stops, complaining about a missing package. The problem is that I already have the package on my system.

Any help would be appreciated. A screen dump from my attempted installation follows:

[stuff deleted]

checking for libgnomeui-2.0... Package libgnomeui-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgnomeui-2.0.pc'
No package 'libgnomeui-2.0' found

configure: error: Library requirements (libgnomeui-2.0) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

[root@localhost cbrpager-0.9.9]# find / -name libgnomeui-2*
/usr/lib/libgnomeui-2.so.0.800.0
/usr/lib/libgnomeui-2.so.0

/usr/share/doc/libgnomeui-2.8.0
/var/spool/up2date/libgnomeui-2.8.0-1.i386.hdr

Looks like your installation is somewhat broken. Did you install all the "devel" packages? Here's what I have, looks like your missing the /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libgnomeui-2.0.pc file.

You need to install libgnomeui-devel.i386.

[root@Godzilla lib]# find . -name 'libgnomeui-2*'
./libgnomeui-2.so
./libgnomeui-2.so.0.800.0
./libgnomeui-2.so.0
./libgnomeui-2.a
./pkgconfig/libgnomeui-2.0.pc

[root@Godzilla ~]# yum whatprovides libgnomeui-2.0.pc

libgnomeui-devel.i386                    2.8.0-1                base
Matched from:
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libgnomeui-2.0.pc

libgnomeui-devel.i386 2.8.0-1 installed Matched from: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libgnomeui-2.0.pc

Thanks. I got the same reply from an another source at the same time as you. I wasn't aware of that I needed the developer package to install programmes. I thought it was for developing programmes. Anyway, since I use apt-get the name of the package I had to install was libgnomeui-devel.

Then the installation worked perfect.

Thanks again.
Kristian André