Re: sftp server for owners/customers

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Al Sparks wrote:

I'm not absolutely wedded to OpenSSH's sftp-server, though I guess if
I went with someone else's sftp-server, I'd have to change over all my
ssh stuff for that server (unless I was willing to use a different
port for sftp).  Are there settings I don't know about with
sshd/sftp-server that will allow me to be more granular with CWD and
allow/deny commands much like ProFTPD?

Alternatively, does ProFTPD have some sort of encryption built in?

What other file transfer mechanism with encryption might I use
(https?) that would allow owner-accounts to allow transfers to a
write-only directory?

vsftpd has SSL functionality embedded in it nowadays. It may also have the granularity you desire.

Cheers,

Al