Re: 104 hotplug processes - is this normal?

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 01:56:04 +0800, Colin Charles <lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 09:48 -0500, B Wooster wrote:
> > What does seem odd to me is that I just looked at the number of
> > processes with the word "hotplug" in them - and I find that are 104
> > such things! This can't be normal - is there some configuration on my
> > system that is wrong ?  The entire ps output | grep hotplug is at the
> > bottom.
>
> No, its not normal. Suggest that you do a "yum -y update" and get the
> new kernel and all the new packages and see if there are still issues
>
> If so, file a bug
> --
> Colin Charles, byte@xxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.bytebot.net/
> "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you,
> then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi

Just did a update, took 36 hours to complete !!!

Anyway, it fixed the hotplug process problem - now don't see any
process with "hotplug" in it at all, so presumably it starts, does its
thing, and goes away. My USB storage device, etc are all
mountable/unmountable, so all is good...

Thanks!