Re: Uninstalling progrms?

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:05:00 +0100, Duncan Lithgow
<duncan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Do people not think synaptic would be easier for a new linux user? I find it
> quite a lot easier than yum for uninstalling.
>
> Duncan
>
> --

A lot of people on the list really like this smart pm thing.

Getting tired of yum and not wanting to do the apt4rpm thing again I
went out to try this.

I installed smart, smart-update and smart-gui.

OMG, it is soooo tight.

The gui interface is a bit obtuse but the performance is great even
over Synaptic and completely faster than gyum.

I did some test installs and removes.  Wow.

The only slow part is the updating of the cache before and after but
overall I honestly believe the RH/Fedora folks should look into
dedicating some resources to making this the next generation package
management system for Fedora.

It is really that good imho.