Re: Slightly OT: Greylisting success or failure stories?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike McMullen" <mlm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 1:37 PM
Subject: Re: Slightly OT: Greylisting success or failure stories?

What kind of delay times are there for legit email
getting through?

Thanks,

Mike

I set mine to ask the sending server to retry in one minute. However, it really depends on the load of the sending server. I've seen delays of up to several hours for the first message. However, once the sender is added to the greylist there is no delay. I also set my retension to 180 days. In other words, once you've been added to the list, you're good for 6 months.

Thomas