Re: Fedora Core Squid + transperant proxing

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 15:32, Gregory Machin wrote:
> Hi All..
>
> Please could advise ..
>
> I'm running FC 2 , using the squid that comes with it,  and arno's
> firewall 1.8.2 .
>
> I'm tyring to configure it as a transperant proxy, I have enabled this
> in the firewall config, and added to reqired info into the squid.conf
> , but when I nmap my internal ip there in no port 80 ??

squid uses port 3128. If you do transparent proxy, all that should
happen is that all requests destined for port 80 would be redirected to
port 3128.

> The other thing I have noticed is that there are still ports open on
> my public IP even though the firewall script says that it has updated
> iptables correctly  .. Is there some thin in FC 2 that could be
> causing this..

Are you sure that it's doing its thing then? Can you go to places like
www.grc.com and test it out via the web interface.

How are you scanning your system anyway?

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz