Re: Linux and Spywares - lack of reading

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 19:41 -0800, jdow wrote:
> From: "jdow" <jdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > From: "Jeff Vian" <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> > aren't
> Linux?

> > or

> They had another reference today - it was a spyware application. If a
> spyware can be tossed onto the machine then a rootkit can, also.
>
> http://news.com.com/Spyware+takes+aim+at+Mozilla+browsers/2100-7349_3-5569635.html
>
> {^_^}

And you are implying that the only platform running mozilla/firefox in
Linux?  As that article states, the spyware referenced is attacking the
Windows platforms that have moved from IE to mozilla.

"Writers of viruses and spyware for browsers have typically concentrated
on Internet Explorer, because of its near-total market dominance. But
that could be changing now that Firefox is making gains at the expense
of Microsoft's browser."

It is obvious that Windows is still vulnerable.  Much more so than
Linux. Sure rootkits exist, but they are not needed on Windows with it's
already major security holes.

Please try to put your FUD comments in context.  ROFLMAO