Re: Modem Drivers

Robert L Cochran wrote:
I think I may be forced to use a 56K dialup modem when I'm in the UK next month. I have not used Linux with dialup in some years now. I did at one time, and still have a heavy old "real" 3Com external 56K modem, but I'd prefer to just use my laptop's internal modem.

First, what type of laptop are you using? You might be able to find a 'real' PC Card modem, like the USR (3COM) that I have. If you cannot do this, you should visit the Linux on Laptops web page.

How do I get started with dialup in Fedora Core 3? Does it have a capability for dialing UK freephone numbers like '0800 1234 5678901'?

You may have to get a modem in the UK due to legal requirements. Some of our UK members might be able to give assistance with this.
--
James McKenzie
With assistance, Now running 2.6.11rc3, Software Suspend 2