Re: Sound

Chet Ranaweera wrote:

I have a on-board sound card. I could detect it and also the drivers
for it. But when I ran xine I can not get sound. Does anyone has any
idea about this? How do I test that my sound is working properly in
FC3??

Did you see any reference to detection of a sound card at the time your installed Fedora on your system? You probably should have if a sound card was detected. In FC2 one can check by using the Gnome hardware browser. (panel popup menu "system Tools" --> Hardware Browser)

Sound problems are a common issue with linux/fedora newbies, Chet. The release notes do not give people any advance notice that at installation the default sound volume is setting is zero or mute. In FC2 one can address the sound off condition by going to Gnome panel popup menu (Red Hat icon), Preferences --> Sound and popup menu Sound & Video --> Volume Control