Re: Linux && Win2k

Oded Hassidi wrote:
Hi David

Thanks for the answer, I have looked at those links.
Did not manage to work it out. I have my linux machine at my work place and I want to access it through my win2k machine, I can see the linux machine in the Network Neighborhood but cannot access it, it says that the path is not found.

P.S.

I did not find any /etc/smb.conf so I created it and wrote down some of the configuration and restarted the samba services, but it seems that the samba is ignoring it. It uses the configuration that I wrote through the Sambe Server Configuration UI.

The Fedora samba package uses /etc/samba/smb.conf, not /etc/smb.conf.

Paul.