Re: Custom Kernel Creation Documentation Online

David Cary Hart wrote:
I put up a page here:

              http://www.tqmcube.com/fc3_custom_kernel.htm

I tried to provide a very simple to follow set of instructions. This is
one of those things that is far easier to do than to explain.

I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE: Corrections, feedback, etc.

Why use a user "nobody" for building the packages when there is already a user called "nobody" defined for a different purpose? Why not use, say, "rpmbuild" instead?

Why chown system directories like /usr/src/redhat/* instead of just creating an rpm-build tree in the user's home directory?

Paul.