Re: assignment of eth* devices

Wow, well I've been running linux on a laptop for a year or so, and I always had this problem with PCMCIA-based nics taking the eth0 name (when the built-in nic was eth0, and configured for my home network).
I used a PCMCIA-based nic when I went to hotels and such, but everytime, I'd have to comment-out my home network settings...really irritating.
I think I'm going to try this out and see if I can get it to work...

David Hoffman wrote:
On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 14:15:22 -0600, Aleksandar Milivojevic