Re: Solution Coming Re: Fedora Community: Under threat?

William Hooper wrote:
| Michael W. Carney said:

|>Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

|>|
|>| And the Really Great Thing [tm] about using the NNTP protocol as a base
|>| is that there *are* good news-to-mail and news-to-web gateway software
|>| packages! So if the base is NNTP, you can use a newsreader, mail client,
|> | or browser (whichever you prefer) to get the messages any way you
|>like. |
|>| What's not to like?
|>

|>Nothing. Let's *PLEASE* to to a fedora-private nntp system for the
|>fedora community "groups". Using mail lists for the community has been and
|>continues to be torture.
|

| There are already two ways of viewing this list via NNTP, why do we need
| another?
|
| As previously mentioned, gmane.org carries the Fedora lists.  I also go
| reminded (thanks to Pete Zaitcev's Blog) that Red Hat also already runs an
| NNTP gateway (news://news.redhat.com/).

Neither news.redhat.com nor gmane.org are replacements for the mail list.

Here's what I just discovered:

Redhat's nntp gateway exports the following:

gated.:

ataraid-list
dm-devel
elfutils-list
enigma-list
fedora-desktop-list
fedora-patches-list
fedora-tools-list
k12ltsp-list
linux.cluster
linux-lvm
open-source-now-list
redhat-install-list
redhat-list
redhat-s390-list
rhl-beta-list
rhl-devel-list
rhl-docs-list
rhl-list
test

fedora-desktop-list doesn't not contain fedora-list articles.

gmane.org's groups also don't contain one to back fedora-list.

So how are these acceptable replacements for the mail list?