Re: Solution Coming Re: Fedora Community: Under threat?

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 09:16, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> > Who's going to do that extra work looking for questions to answer?  If
> > a question drops in your mailbox and you happen to know the answer it's
> > a couple of seconds to solve someone's problem.  Who's going to bounce
> > though a bunch of web sites for that?
> >

> I would *like* to! I've had fun trying to help others and hanging out on
> this community over the last decade. However, I believe that
> participating in the same way on a web forum will be impossible for me.

The one thing I could see as an improvement over the current mailing
list and bugzilla for fedora users would be to add a wiki that would
be maintained mostly by a team of volunteers who would collate the
frequently-asked questions on the list into stock answers on the
wiki.  Then much of the clutter on the mailling list could be avoided
by searching the wiki first, and if new users don't  recognize the
symptoms well enough to find the answer themselves, the mailing list
response would only have to be a pointer to the wiki entry.  Issues
that are real system bugs should get filed into bugzilla and things
that are common operator mistakes/misconceptions or that have simple
workaround solutions could become wiki entries that are easily updated
as the situations change.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx