Re: regarding the fetchmail bcc issue

Ankush Grover wrote:
We have one catchall mailbox with ISP .I have configure fetchmail +
Postfix with virtual domains + Dovecot(Pop3).But the problem  i am
facing is that whenever there is a mail for a user in bcc header or
envelope that mail does not goes to the local user.Whereas the mails
for To and Cc users goes to the local user.My fetchmail configuration
is :

set logfile "/var/log/fetchmail"
set daemon 500
poll vmail.vsnl.com with protocol pop3 aka localdomain:
      no envelope
       user "xxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" is * here keep
       password "xxxxxx"

My localdomain and ISP domain are different that is why i have
configure virtual domains.
If i don't give the "no envelope" the mails does not goes to any user
but to the postmaster.Whereas with this the mail for Bcc user goes to
the user "To".

I want the solution for this problem,please help me.

There is no general solution for this problem. In the absence of a To:, Cc: or other header indicating who the message was delivered to, fetchmail has to guess or be told which user the mail is for. The POP3 protocol provides no way of indicating this information to fetchmail.

Some ISPs will add a "Delivered-To:" or equivalent header than can be used, but that's up to the ISP. Other ISPs will allow you to set up multiple separate mailboxes for different users. But shared POP3 mailboxes are going to exhibit this problem and there's not a lot you can do about it.

See http://www.catb.org/~esr/fetchmail/fetchmail-man.html#25 for a more detailed discussion on this.

Paul.