scripting default PDF application

Hello!

I need to set XPDF to be the default PDF application on dozens of Fedora core 1 and core 2 machines.

I would like to write a shell script that installs xpdf if it isn't already installed and then makes it the default application for PDF files. Can someone please tell me which file(s) control the default application behaviour in Fedora core 1 and 2?

Many thanks in advance,

Matt.