Re: Attaching a monitor to a laptop.

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Scot L. Harris wrote:

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 12:36, Nick Ruffo wrote:
I am trying to attach my LCD monitor to my laptop
using SuSE 9.2 but the function keys on my laptop do
not work so I can't switch to the external VGA port. I
am using a Dell 700m. I am in the process of
installing Fedora 3 is it possible to get this to work
with Fedora?

Not sure anyone can answer that.

I can say that on a Tecra M2 it does appear that the lcd/crt function
switches appear to work as expected.

Now that you mention it, on my T41, both LCD and CRT are always enabled in X, but the switch works in a VC.

Anyone have any idea how to get the switches to work for ATI Radeon Mobility 7500?

Nick, you might try operating the swithces from a VC and then starting or switching back to X.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu