Re: Newbie-Windows networking

Sam Williams wrote:

I just installed FC3 on an old Dell, want to network with XP Pro, Win98
computers in a workgroup.  Can't find how using utilities in Gnome; I'm too
much of a newbie to tackle command line with current level of ignorance.
Plan to soon, once I have a clue, but need a clue or two first.

I can ping the other computers using IP address and have internet access
through the router/switch. May be firewall restriction but likely FC3
doesn't understand my network yet.

Where do I find FAQ or other resource that will help me setting up windows
networking?

TIA,

Sam

You might start by downloading and reading Red Hat Linux 9.0 manuals available at http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/