Re: Setup Scripts

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan McDonald" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2005 5:56 PM
Subject: Setup Scripts

Can someone tell me where to find setup scripts for the following:
I need to setup a mini WebHosting environment.
I want a script to add a user/password, create a home dir,

User /sbin/grub-md5-crypt to generate an MD5 encrypted password, then run useradd -p [password] username. This will add the user, the user's home directory and set the password.

create a symlink
for it from home/usr to var/www/html,

This is a really bad idea. Instead you need to set up virtual hosts which point to /home/[username]/public_html. Giving regular users permissions outside of their home directory can be a Bad Thing(TM)

to create domain host header, to add
postfix user account so this user can manage their own email for the domain,

Dunno anything about Postfix. I am a Sendmail person, sorry. If you'd like to do this with Sendmail, please let us know.

etc and maybe other things to fit in with this need.

Like what?

thanks
Alan

You're welcome,