Re: bad gnome-terminal or bad script?

Marc Williams wrote:

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 13:53:14 -0600, Gain Paolo Mureddu wrote:

In an FC3 gnome-terminal, I try to run the following script:
----------------------
#!/usr/bin/expect --
spawn ssh 192.168.0.9
expect "word: "
send "password\r"
expect "]$ "
interact
----------------------

I don't think it's possible to get any simpler than that.  It completes
successfully and everything seems to be just fine.  Until I attempt to
run a command in the newly spawned ssh session that generates a fair
amount of output such as "ls -la /usr/bin" or cat'ing a larger text
file.  The output of such a command starts off like normal but before it
finishes, the output gets "stuck", for lack of a better word.  A few
screenfuls of output go by and then it simply stops in it's tracks.  The
output jiggles around a bit in the term window but the output doesn't
finish.  The cursor seems stuck in place.  I can't Ctrl-c out of it
either but rather I have to manually kill it.

Does this seem like a gnome-terminal problem or a script problem?
Thanks!

Ive seen this in VC too, so that rules out gnome-terminal, however always
with SSH, so maybe this is rather an SSH problem.

I just tried the same script with telnet instead of SSH. The exact same thing happens so it's not an SSH thing.

I don't know what a VC is that you mentioned but when I run the script
from a console, it behaves beautifully with none of the bad behavior I
described earlier.  So from my perspective, it still could be a
gnome-terminal issue.  But I suppose it could be an environment thing or
maybe even a desktop or Gnome problem.

I'm just grasping at straws and hoping for suggestions.

By VC I meant system terminal... I had seen the issue there, but since you don't... Then I couldn't say.