Re: Solution Coming Re: Fedora Community: Under threat?

Robert wrote:

jdow wrote:

From: "Warren Togami" <wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx>

http://www.livejournal.com/users/wtogami/2005/02/04/

Key to the problem is that mailing lists are far from the best medium for end-user support. We need to steer end-users to an entirely different medium in order to scale effectively. Official project change in that direction is happening soon. Read the link above for details.

Eeeewwwww, web forums. Bye guys. {^_^}

Yes. And then there was this shopkeeper who was upset that his shop was so disorderly until he ran off all his customers. EXCELLENT SOLUTION!

The point here is not /his/ solution, but I think he's just expressing what he'd do (and I believe most of us dumb-mortal-users would do as well) if the RedHat guys go ahead with this idea. That is definitely a very bad idea, one that would probably jeopardize the whole "fedora-users-community" idea. There's been plenty of solutions proposed here on this thread there are *much* better than the dreaded web forums.

I second JDow's opinion. / Eeeewwwww, web forums. Bye guys. /. If they *want* ideas, they'll certainly find within this (so far) community.

--
Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student