----- Original Message -----
From: "fredex" <fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

FAX used to be used in the newspaper industry. I don't know how old
the technology is, but it's fairly old. When I was a kid (quite some
time ago, now, given how time is racing by) you'd see a black and
white photo in the newspaper of something that happened thousands of
miles away, with a caption "AP Wire Photo". That my friends, was a
facsimile transmission.