FC3 install to USB Disk

Hi,
	With ext USB2 disks a reasonable price
why is it that the FC3 installer/DiskDruid seems to fail to detect
USB disks and hence you cannot install to a USB Disk.

I have two machines with USB2 support, one an AMD64 machine
The story is the same for both.

I have a 160GB SmartDisk that I plan to use for Photos, video,
backup etc but also for testing new releases of FC(4?) !!!!
However, the FC3 installer at the Disk Druid stage has no idea
that I have such a device !!!!

During FC3 Install "Cont/Alt/F2" lets me run fdisk on the device
(/dev/sda or /dev/sdb depending on which machine I'm working on) and
hence partition it,
mk... lets me make an ext3 file system on it, (/dev/sda1)
mkswap lets me make swap on /dev/sda2
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/fred even lets me mount it.
All this "during" installation !!!!! So all the drivers, etc must
be installed and working!

However when I go to the Disk Druid stage I only see my
"main" disks (/dev/hda, /dev/sda for the SATA Athlon64 machine)?
No USB in sight.

The SmartDisk works perfectly as a normal data disk, either FAT32 or
ext3, giving data transfer rates between 20 and 30 MB/s.

Is there a way of forcing the installer to see the USB Disk ?
Can this be added to the wish list?
Is it my finger trouble?

John