Re: FC3 and MySQL, did it install or not?

HI

>  I made a force install of mysql4 (#rpm -hiv --force ...) but it went wrong.

no wonder. its a bad idea to force install anything without
understanding the exact consequences of your action

>  Does anyone know if there is a rpm for mysql5?

mysql.com has the rpms. its considered beta

Does a symbolic link to the
> new lib libmysqlclient.so.14 from libmysqlclient.so.10 will make other
> programs work?

depends on whether they are API and ABI compatible.  in general no

--
Regards,
Rahul Sundaram