RedHat network monitor fiasco

I'm running FC3, and for a few weeks had successfully used the automatic
detection, download and installation feature of the RedHatNetwork Monitor tool.

Then I mistakenly thought that I should register -  big mistake !!

two problems
firstly failure to register.After running rhm_register
the registration failed with:-

Invalid Architecture and OS release combination (3, i686-redhat-linux).

Your system has been registered, but will not receive updates

because it is not subscribed to a channel. If you have not yet

activated your product for service, please visit our website at:

Next, when trying to update I get

Error Message:

Service not enabled for system profile: "<profile deleted by petew>"

Error Class Code: 31

Error Class Info:

This system does not have a valid entitlement for Red Hat Network.

Please visit https://rhn.redhat.com/network/systems/entitlements.pxt

or login at https://rhn.redhat.com, and from the "Systems" tab,

select "System Entitlements" to enable RHN service for this system.

Explanation:

An error has occurred while processing your request. If this problem

persists please enter a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com.

If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include

details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and

details on how to reproduce this problem

I want to know if anybody has experienced this problem.
Can anybody suggest, how to a) fix this problem or b) get back to the earlier working situation before I attempted to register ?

Thanks,

pete woodward