Taking the plunge

Well after the hlp I recieve from my first posts,
reading up some more and getting a copy of Fedora 3
from a Linux mag here in the UK I will be installing
this weekend.

I am getting a new hard drive and sorting out my
others so I should have a 40 gig one just for linux.

I just have a couple more questions. I have downloaded
the printer thing and ADSL drivers someone mentioned,
extracted them and burnt the to a CD-RW. Now when I
put the disc in do I just double click on the relevent
file to start the install, like I do in Windows?

My second question invlved DVD software. I currently
use MainConcept to re-encode avi files and TMPGE to
burn DVDs. Is there linux versions of these? If not
can you recommend some good re-encoding and burning
software?

Jay