Re: Slightly OT: Greylisting success or failure stories?

David Hoffman wrote:
I looked for any discussion lists about greylisting and haven't found
any, so I thought I might try asking here.

I'm considering adding greylisting to my postfix configuration, and
some of the articles I have been reading about greylisting show that
there can be any of several situations in which greylisting would not
be a viable solution.

I've implemented greylisting on my basement mail server (two users, me and my wife).

It works OK for mail that comes to the server directly, but can't do a thing for forwarded emails. If users have mail forwarded from server that doesn't implement greylisting to your server, the spam will get delivered.

Since addresses that I have forwarded are old ones that I still keep alive just in case some old friend wants to say hello (and basically are just collecting spam), I'm thinking about checking To and Cc headers when email comes from those servers. If it doesn't contain correct address, reject it. Personalized spam will still get through, unfortunately.

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited