Re: No colour printing?

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:16:27 +0000, Scott Anderson
<scott_anderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am confused as to why my printer will not print in colour.  The
> cartridge is installed and I have every reason to believe it's full
> (it's brand new, in fact - also, if it was running low on ink one would
> expect to see strands of unmixed colours from the dregs, while my
> printer's output seems to deliberately render anything in colour to
> greyscale).
>
> This happens in all printing, regardless of the software involved (gimp,
> acrobat, office etc.).  It is an hp deskjet 920c, driver is hpijs.
> Driver is set to 300dpi, colour, black + colour cartridge (i.e.,
> printout mode = normal).

I have a Deskjet 812c at home and it works. I'm pretty sure I'm using
the hpijs driver.

Suggestions: 1) tell your computer it's an 812c, or some other model
number, and see if that makes a difference. Most HP deskjets share
drivers to a large extent, so using a slightly different one sometimes
works. 2) try using something other than hpijs, and see if any of them
work. 3) Did you forget to take the little plastic tape thingy off the
cartridges?

Good luck,
Matt