Re: Telnet issue

fly over wrote:

Hi all,

Just wana ask about telnet security. i have heard many times that telnet is insecure and use secure shell i.e. ssh. as about telnet it is said that pasword is transfer in text format not encrypted. Could anyone please tell me how can i view someones password or data transfering using telnet ?

looking for response.

You can put your network card in promiscuous (sp?) mode and then use ethereal or other packet sniffers to capture ethernet data. Then just scan through the data. I don't have specific instructions but you can probably google on a few of the words to find more specifics.