suspend, hwclock, and apmscript

I am trying to get suspend/resume to work with the latest FC3 kernel
(2.6.10-1.741_FC3 with parameter acpi_sleep=s3_bios) on an Asus M68Ne
notebook. It basically works, but there are some details I am trying to
understand.

To try to properly shut down services and restart them when the machine
wakes up, I had a look at /etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/apmscript; I know that
apm is history, but maybe the ideas there are still useful, so I tried this
sleep script (invoked through acpid):

 /etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/apmscript suspend
 echo -n mem > /sys/power/state
 /etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/apmscript resume

is apmscript still maintained? For one, it doesn't treat network profiles
properly. On suspension it does a "service network stop", but on resume it
only does "ifup XXX" for those ifaces that were up. Close, but with
profiles the names don't match, as is seen with "/etc/init.d/network
status":

Configured devices:
lo eth0_mc eth1_mc
Currently active devices:
lo eth0

it tries an "ifup eth0" and falls flat on its face. It should use "eth0_mc".

Another problem is the system time. Without the "hwclock --hctosys" in
apmscript the system time is always *ahead* after wakeup; after sleeping
for 30 seconds the time is 30s ahead (not behind, as one could expect). Who
is messing with the time in this way?

Roman