Re: RH7.3 & legacy question

Paul Howarth wrote:

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 00:35 -0500, David Curry wrote:

Gene Heskett wrote:

Greetings;

Can I re-adjust the up2date config file on a formerly subscribed RH7.3 machine, whatever its called, to repoint it at the 'legacy' repo, and have it keep the 7.3 box reasonably well up2date for security fixes and such, with the up2date utility from the formerly paid subscription?

If so, is there a url to a faq describing how to do this?

Or an old message maybe?

Or maybe even a 'canned' solution in the form of an rpm that sets all this stuff up again so it works with the legacy repo?

Thanks.

Gene, see http://fedoralegacy.org/download/

As I read the page, one must use yum or apt for automated updating. Or, rpms can be downloaded and installed by hand.

up2date can use yum repos

See http://fedoranews.org/contributors/alexander_dalloz/mirror/ for how
to configure it. You'll need to change the URLs to a fedoralegacy.org
mirror but the basic HOWTO is there.

Paul.

Thanks, Paul.