Re: FC3: gaim problems

Bob Brennan wrote:

wall.

john

This has been happening a lot on the XP side using MSN Messenger as well over the past few days so I would avoid any paranoia about M$ going after 3rd-party hookups; or that they are that clever at M$ either ;-)

IMHO, bob

Nah!! It's probably too much traffic for the servers to bear... with all that file transfers going on and the way MSN actually does filetransfer (sort of like torrent)... Anyway, I too have seen this in both M$ MSN client (a friend's PC) and GAIM and other clients too... So this *must* be server-side problem... Also I don't know if this has anything to do, in my Firewall I've seen too many hits trying to reach port number TCP 1026 which is used by MSN client to transfer some data (worms, among that)... ahyone else noticed this?