Re: FC3 and ThinkPad T41 - FINALLY SOLVED

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Chris Ruprecht wrote:

SOUND!!!

and I feel so stupid.

After reading some other messages about some buttons on the ThinkPad, I
fidgeted around with the volume buttons (mute, volume up and down) and
didn't expect anything to happen, since I got no visual feedback. Then,

*Software* provides the visual feedback. You need tpb and xosd RPMs. These are in Fedora Extras, although I haven't tried those versions yet.

suddenly someone on my GAIM buddy list dropped off and there was a
jingle - what a surprise!

Sorry for wasting everybody's time on this issue, should switch my brain
on, the next time :).

Best regards,
Chris

-- Matthew Saltzman