Re: Windows shares don't show up

Den Couf ha scritto/wrote il giorno/on 02/02/2005 21:15:

--- antonio montagnani <anto.montagnani@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

antonio montagnani ha scritto/wrote il giorno/on
02/02/2005 09:39:

I have Linux-Windows networks.
I can share folders by Samba on my Linux machines.
When I use Network Server I can see the list of my

Windows machines,

my shared folders on the Windows machines, but if

I click on any of

them Network Servers tries to open it but it

doesn't succeed.

My FC3 pc's are fully updated, and also my Windows

pc's (running

either XP Home edition or XP Professional).
It was working fine in the past (i.e. with FC2 and

no SP2 on Windows):

I do not remember when this started, if after FC2

to FC3 upgrade or

SP2 installation.

Tnx

This is the output of smbclient command

smbclient -L Maxdata
Password:
Domain=[MAXDATA] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows
2000 LAN Manager]

       Sharename       Type      Comment
       ---------       ----      -------
       Lavoro          Disk
       IPC$            IPC       IPC remoto
       print$          Disk      Driver della
stampante
       SharedDocs      Disk
       EPSONSty        Printer   EPSON Stylus C62
Series
       Musica          Disk
       ADMIN$          Disk      Amministrazione
remota
       Immagini        Disk
       C$              Disk      Condivisione
predefinita
       Software        Disk
       Musicaok        Disk
Domain=[MAXDATA] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows
2000 LAN Manager]

       Server               Comment
       ---------            -------

       Workgroup            Master
       ---------            -------

Please note that my Workgroup is called Workgroup in Windows and this is my samba.conf file:

Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
# Date: 2005/02/02 16:36:06

# Global parameters
[global]
	server string = Samba su PC233
	null passwords = Yes
	username map = /etc/samba/user.map
	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
	max log size = 50
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192
	os level = 255
	preferred master = Yes
	domain master = Yes
	dns proxy = No
	wins support = Yes
	guest ok = Yes
	hosts allow = 192.168.0.0/24, localhost

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	read only = No

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/spool/samba
	printable = Yes
	browseable = No

--

Antonio M.

Hi Antonio,

add a workgroup parm to your global-section
workgroup = WORKGROUP
or how you have called it

Bye

Bart

Bart

it didn't work.
I guess (but I am a un-expert about Samba) that the trick is in the blank line of Workgroup and Master in the output od Smbclient.
Any guru out there??

Tnx

--

Antonio M.

Working with  Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 3
    Uso Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 3
		www.montagnani.org