[Fwd: Re: mini tutorial: hostap+fedora core-3]

A very interesting contrib for all.
--
   Samuel Díaz García
    Director Gerente

mailto:samueldg@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.arcoscom.com
móvil: 651 93 72 48
tlfn/fax: 956 70 13 15
--- Begin Message ---
Hi!

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, DrDoom wrote:

Here it's my little contribution: howto configure hostap in Fedora Core-3

http://www.sorgonet.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=152&mode=&order=0&thold=0

A little improvement: there is no need to type the kernel version manually. There is a more universal way to find the sources of the current kernel:

KERNEL_PATH=$(shell readlink -f /lib/modules/`uname -r`/source)

"source" is preferred over "build" because kernels can now be built outside the source tree (not important for stock FC3 kernels).

"readlink -f" resolves all symlinks, just for prettiness. Those using own kernels will see paths under /usr/src/linux, which is mode readable than e.g. /lib/modules/2.6.11-rc2/source.

I don't think wifi0 is a "virtual dumb device". It should be sufficient to say that is should not be used except for purposes outside of scope of your document.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin