Re: Is there conversion html to plain text -

Bob Goodwin wrote:

Is there an application already included in FC2 that will enable me to convert html to plain text? Google indicates that there are html2text and html2ascii but I was unable to find an FC2 RPM which would be preferred. Nothing resulted from yum either.

I thought that Open Office might have that capability but did not see it ...

I suspect there may be an application that I am not seeing?

Any suggestion appreciated.

Bob Goodwin    Zuni, Virginia.

Bob, if you have Mozilla installed simply access the html page or file in the browser. Then from the file menu --> Save page. In the popup dialogue box, define the filename you want to use and change the desired extension to .txt and Mozilla will convert the html to text.