Re: FC3 sucks. It takes up too much memory!

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 08:57:11AM -0700, James Mckenzie wrote:

> > I don't have those two options in jdk.config. I do find the following
> > options in cbulder.config:
> >
> > vmparam -Xms32m
> Minumum memory per load: 32MB
> > vmparam -Xmx256m
> Maximum memory per load: 256MB
> >
> > So I wonder why the JVM instance invoked by CBX takes up more than
> > 400mb memory?
> >
> This looks like a problem with either Java or Cbuilder and definately not LINUX or FC.

But I hear from the usual unreliable sources that OpenOffice is
written in Java. So if OpenOffice is part of Fedora it seems to me its
a Fedora problem also. There is no question in my experience that an
installation of everything thing in the FC3 (or even FC2)
distribution) leads to a bloated system. And saying  XP systems after
SP2 are also bloated does not make me feel better.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.