Re: usb storage devices

Dale Raby wrote on 02/02/2005 01:15:

I am running Fedora Core 3.

Recently I ran Yum Update and now find that my USB storage devices (a
Kingston "pen" drive" and an Iomega Zip 250 drive) are no longer
detected by the system.  I had this problem once before, and solved it
by re-installing with the original disks and not updating.  I suppose
I could do the same thing again, but surely there must be a better
solution that avoiding updates!

Both devices worked fine previous to the updates, and they still work
on the same hardware using Knoppix.

Have you done a reboot following the updates?. I noticed when the haldaemon was updated that a reboot was needed on one of my machines. If you don't want to do a reboot you could do a /etc/rc.d/init.d/haldaemon restart and see if that sorts things first.

Rob