Re: [GRUB]Resolution setup

Le Mardi 1 Février 2005 20:57, Thomas Cameron a écrit :
> [...]
Thomas,
I do use both ; they both can be written to MBR or elswhere ; for the time
being I have LILO on MBR (hda1) initially installed with my current Mandrake
distribution and GRUB installed on hdb1 therefore to keep access to LILO for
Mandrake boot ; during all this test period I have to go from LILO to GRUB
depending of what I do ; for example I write this mail with Kmail-Mandrake
where I collect all my mail and not from KMail-Fedora for practical reasons ;
then a LILO entry in GRUB could be of use if I can select like on LILO a
reboot entry in GRUB which I am nor sure of.

Regarding use of LILO I thought that most of the Linux people were using GRUB
but for the time being this point is not relevant.

Once my test period of Fedora finished I will decide of the future ; my next
goal is :
- to fix all update procedure both with YUM and SYNAPTIC (a little bit more
complex than with Mandrake),
- to compile a few things here and there : I have to install my Tekram SCSI
driver not include in Fedora kernels.

Lately I have experienced a crash in KDE : this bug is not directly related to
Fedora distribution but though it is scary.

--
kernel 2.6.8                          / --- \