sound and internet problems on FC2

Hi,
    I am a very new linux user and I finally got XP and FC2 to play together on a dual boot.  Now I am having two small problems with fedora.  1)  I am using a dell USB wireless reciever that just plugs in and connects me to the internet getting the signal from a wireless router in my roommates room.  When I use the internet config wizard it doesnt seem to find it or have any option for me to use so that I can connect.  Am I missing something or do I need to pick some other choice?  I am really new to this so I didnt know what to do or pick....
2)  When I run the sound card test I hear the test sound out of my speakers fine, but when I play a CD through gnome CD, nothing comes out....  Do I need to fix something before I play CDs?  Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance
Charles

Do you Yahoo!?