Re: X over ssh problems from FC3 to older systems

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary Stainburn" <gary.stainburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 2:10 PM
Subject: X over ssh problems from FC3 to older systems

Hi folks.

I've just upgraded my laptop from FC1 to FC3 and everything looks fine so far locally. However, when I ssh onto other machines I have problems. I am running KDE locally and remotely. remote KDE apps fail to start at all, and GVIM starts but doesn't work properly bombing out when I try to use it. The remote machines are mainly RH7.3 with all RH & legacy updates. I have included a session connecting to one of these machines.

Anyone know how I can fix the FC3 system to that it plays nicely with everything else.

Thanks

Gary

Try ssh -Y or ssh -X... Read the man page for ssh and see if it helps.

Thomas