Re: mail server

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 17:42 +0000, g_hrmn@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Greetings,
>           I'm a newbie to Fedora Core 3. Can anyone direct me to docs on setting up a mail server using Fedora ?
>                                                                  Thanks
This reply is a tad OT but I hope that you will run in test mode before
you create yet another open relay or exploitable server. BTW, if you do
not have a static IP, your ability to send mail will be considerably
limited.

That said, Postfix is the way to go (IMO). It is extremely powerful yet
easy to install. It takes a modular approach so it is very resource
efficient. Supposedly, it is considerably faster than Sendmail. It plays
well with dovecot and the FC RPMs include sasl authd support which is
essential if you plan on sending mail from the WAN.

Postfix is also very well supported by the mail list. The author of the
software is a constant presence as are some of the other primary
contributors.

We've used PF for some time now - without a hiccup.
Total Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence
http://www.TQMcube.com