How do I make native OpenOffice.org file associations (sxw, sxc...) in FC3

Hi folks,

On my machine (at least), FC3 is missing file associations for the native OpenOffice.org file formats. Gadzooks!

1. For example, when I list a directory that contains OOo Writer documents (sxw extensions) in Konqueror, I see "Unknown" in the "File Type" column.

2. When I right-click on one of those SXW files, the context menu has an option for Open with..." However when I right-click on a DOC file, the context menu has an option that says "Open with" which then offers choices for OO Writer and KWord. I was expecting the same thing for SXW (and SXC...) files.

3. I'm guessing that there just isn't a file association set up for SXW files in FC3. The Open With dialog doesn't have a "Use this program to open this file type from now on" option when I right-click on SXW files. I looked high and low and couldn't find the widget that allows me to create one. And I couldn't find one.

I've done a search on the fedora list on "file association" for the last six months or so and didn't find any messages on this topic. So....

How do I create a file association for SXWs (or any other type of file, for that matter) in FC3?

Thanks!

Whil